The 2017 Cleveland Asian Festival “Asian Pop Dance Competition” finalists are announced! Come cheer them on May 20th, 2017 at 6PM. They’ll be competing live for the grand prize of $2000 at the Dragon Stage! Check out their videos below!
Scroll down past video for rules of the competition.
Requirements for the 2017 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance Competition.
- Your dance crew must be between 2-12 people.
- You must use a mix of songs in your routine, a minimum of 2 but do not surpass 6 songs.
- Each submission must be between 4-6 minutes in length.
- Please limit your music selection to the following genres: Bollywood (India), C-Pop (China), J-Pop (Japan), K-Pop (South Korea), and Nepali Hip Hop. You may cover dances or choreograph your own routine.
- All songs must be found in at least one database of the following music licensing companies or their affiliates: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC.
- At least one member or representative must be 18 years of age and a legal resident of the United States.
- If selected as a finalist, you must be available on May 20th, 2017 for a live performance/competition of your video compilation. If you do not appear, your position will be offered to the runner up(s). A complete W9 form will be required to claim monetary prizes.
- Costume choices must be appropriate for a family friendly audience.
How to submit for the 2017 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance Competition.
- Record a video of your routine and upload it to youtube.com. Please refrain from excessive video editing; we would like to see the performance as if it were live. Make sure the video is set to “unlisted” and email the direct link to email@example.com. By submitting the video, you agree that only the Cleveland Asian Festival will be allowed to share this video until May 21st, 2017.
- Along with your link, please submit the names of each participant, the titles of the songs used and the following methods of contact: primary cell phone, primary email, mailing address. All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single email.
- Each member must download and complete the release form CAF2017-AsianPop-ReleaseForm. All signed released forms must be submitted to email@example.com before 11:59PM EST April 7th, 2017 IN A SINGLE EMAIL. You may also upload to dropbox, or google drive and share documents- in a single email.
- Submissions will be open from February 1st, 2017 until 11:59PM EST of April 7th, 2017. Only videos submitted during this time will be considered.
Judging and voting process
- Top 8 videos (semi-finalists) will be selected by the Cleveland Asian Festival Executive Committee and shared May 1st, 2017 on the Cleveland Asian Festival’s facebook page and website. Viewers will be able to vote for their favorite cover routines until May 12th, 2017.
- On May 13th, 2017 top three videos with highest votes, plus one CAF choice will be announced and invited to compete live on May 20th, 2017.
- If you are one of the four finalist groups, you must submit your music in MP3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM EST May 17th, 2017 or risk disqualification.
- All live judging will be based on the following criteria: 1. Dance technique 2. Diversity in mash-up 3. Stage Presence 4. Live audience appreciation (applause)
- Winners will receive cash prizes: 1st-$2,000; 2nd-$1000; 3rd-$500; Only one check will be made to each group.