Congratulations to SoJu, Thunder Stealer, and Invictus who won the top three most votes!
The Cleveland Asian Festival save teams are: Abracadabra Productions, and Artemis!
See you all on May 19th as these five teams compete live!
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: APRIL 7TH, 2018
Release Form: CAF2018-AsianPop-Rules and Release Form
Requirements for the 2018 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance Competition.
- Your dance crew must be between 2-10 people (allowances might be made for larger groups)
- You must use a mix of songs in your routine, a minimum of 2 but do not surpass 6 songs.
- Each submission must be between 4-6 minutes in length.
- Please limit your music selection to the following genres: Bollywood (India), C-Pop (China), J-Pop (Japan), K-Pop (South Korea), and Nepali Hip Hop. You may cover dances or choreograph your own routine.
- All songs must be found in at least one database of the following music licensing companies or their affiliates: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC.
- At least one member or representative must be 18 years of age and a legal resident of the United States.
- If selected as a finalist, you must be available on May 19th, 2018 for a live performance/competition of your video compilation. If you do not appear, your position will be offered to the runner up(s). A complete W9 form will be required to claim monetary prizes.
- Costume and music choices must be appropriate for a family friendly audience.
How to submit for the 2018 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance Competition.
- Record a video of your routine and upload it to youtube.com. Please refrain from excessive video editing; we would like to see the performance as if it were live. Email the direct link to email@example.com. By submitting the video, you agree the Cleveland Asian Festival will be allowed to share this video until May 20th, 2018.
- Along with your link, please submit the names of each participant, the titles of the songs used and the following methods of contact: primary cell phone, primary email, mailing address. All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org a single email.
- Each member must download and complete the release form (see above). All signed released forms must be submitted to email@example.com 11:59PM EST April 7th, 2018 IN A SINGLE EMAIL. You may also upload to dropbox, or google drive and share documents- in a single email.
- Submissions will be open until 11:59PM EST of April 7th, 2018. Videos submitted after this time might not be considered.
Judging and voting process
- Up to 8 videos (semi-finalists) will be selected by the Cleveland Asian Festival Executive Committee and shared May 1st, 2018 on the Cleveland Asian Festival’s facebook page and website. Viewers will be able to vote for their favorite cover routines until May 12th, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: only votes made through the Cleveland Asian Festival website will be counted.
- On May 13th, 2018 top three videos with highest votes, plus two CAF save choices will be announced and invited to compete live on May 19th, 2018.
- If you are one of the five finalist groups, you must submit your music in MP3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM EST May 16th, 2017 or risk disqualification.
- All live judging will be based on following criteria: 1. Dance technique 2. Diversity in mash-up 3. Stage Presence 4. Live audience appreciation (applause)
- Winners will receive cash prizes: 1st-$2,000; 2nd-$1000; 3rd-$500; Only one check will be made to each group.